Thursday, October 11, 2007

Man tries to set world record for longest leg hair

It looks like a Guinness record may be set in East Texas. But it may not be one you would want to claim as yours. Medical student Wes Pemberton is trying to set the record for the longest leg hair.

The long road for Wes Pemberton started in June with a car ride in shorts. He saw the strangest thing.



"I thought it was a hair from one of the girls in the car and it was attached. I'm just wondering 'what is this long hair doing attached to my leg'," he said.

On his calf, surrounded by normal hair, was a hair that measures five inches long. It doesn't have a name, but it'll be famous.



"The world record is 4.88 inches. So I just kind of washed it, and tried to protect it. When I get in the shower, I condition it to make sure it stays nice and strong."

Wes said the rest of him is normal. "No, I'm not this monkeyman with these long leg hairs all over my body. It was just one strand."

No comments: