A Mexican woman is in the ninth day of a hunger strike to demand an invitation to Prince William's wedding. Estibalis Chavez, 19, has set up a tent outside the British embassy in Mexico City and says she intends to fight till the end.
"I have been a fan of Lady Di since I was a little girl," Ms Chavez said. "My mother was also a fan ... I promised myself I would go to the next royal wedding." Ms Chavez said she had been asking for an invitation to the April 29 wedding of William and Kate Middleton in London, but the embassy had told her it was impossible.
"I intend to fight until the very end ... there is no turning back," she said, adding that the invitation could make up for a recent controversy caused by presenters of the BBC's Top Gear television show, who described Mexicans as "lazy," "feckless" and "flatulent".
Mexico's ambassador in London complained to the BBC, and the network announced the episode would be edited to remove the comments before it was broadcast in the US.
I can't think why, but the lady below also won't be receiving an invite.
I think Ms. Chavez needs to get a life.
Eugenie and Beatrice should snub all these events until their mother starts getting invites.
She'll just have to starve, then. I mean, if she got an invitation because of this stunt, there wouldn't be room for family and friends and foreign dignitaries at all at the next royal wedding.
Am I the only one that finds the prospect of an invite terrifying? http://morningquickie.com/2011/02/21/why-i-wont-be-attending-the-royal-wedding/
Post a Comment