Thursday, October 26, 2006

Geomobiles Cellular Phone Tracking

Mobile phone tracking technology relies on the use of triangulation - taking the signal strengths registered from your mobile phone at a minimum of three nearby GSM receiver masts. As the mobile phone companies know the position of each mast, and can tell the signal strength of your phone at each of these nearby masts, they can use this to calcuate your position to a certain degree of accuracy (within about 50 to 100 meters).

Approximative error range:

10 meters (max.) For Europe cellular and United Europe.
25 meters (max.) For North America Territory.
50 meters (max.) For the rest of the World.

I tried it out with my mobile phone number and it worked perfectly.

Much as I don't want to spoil this, I feel I should point out that this is probably NSFW.

No comments: