Thursday, November 16, 2006

Dentist shortage leads man to superglue own tooth

A man fixed his front tooth with superglue after failing to find an NHS dentist.

Gordon Cook, 55, has used the bizarre "DIY dentistry" technique on a loose crown for the last three years - with each fresh application of glue lasting around two months



The father of seven, who was erased from his original dentist's register after moving to a new home in Tranmere, Merseyside, said he turned to glue after losing hope of finding a dentist. He said: "I tried to find a new dentist but they had all gone private."

"In the end, I just decided to take matters into my own hands. I had read somewhere that super glue was invented for medical use, to bond skin, so I gave it a go."

"I tried a few different brands but the one I use now, which is just called Industrial Super Glue, is the best."

No comments: