Saturday, March 17, 2007

Pay-out for bum-sucked dancer

A German belly dancer has been given twice as much compensation as she asked for - after a plastic surgeon accidentally sucked away one of her buttocks instead of reducing the size of her thighs.

Belly dancer Julia 'Cleopatra' Meyer, 38, from Munich, wanted slimmer thighs - but instead ended up with half her bottom missing.

The court heard that during the liposuction the plastic surgeon, not named, from a private clinic, had removed fat from her right buttock instead of her thighs.

She said: 'I had been unhappy with my saddlebags, the fat stored in the outer thigh area. Because of the local anaesthesia I did not realise what he was doing.

'When I saw afterwards that half of my bum was missing I almost fainted. It had been completely sucked away.'

The surgeon has been ordered to pay her £12,000 - even though she had only asked for £6,000 compensation.

No comments: