Thursday, May 17, 2007

Mother drove son to robbery

A German woman has admitted she drove her son to rob a jewellery shop so she could make sure nothing bad happened to him.

Daniela Langer, 36, from Dresden, told a court: "He was determined to do it and I could not talk him out of it, so I offered to drive him there to keep an eye on him. I was worried about him."

She said she found out what her son Marcel, 18, was planning when she went to a DIY store with him and he asked her to get him some rope and some duct tape - and told her to make sure she left no fingerprints on it.

Langer, a mother of five, said: "I could not believe it when he said what he was up to but I was so worried about what might happen to him that I went along to make sure he would be safe."

She admitted to driving him to the jewellers shop and acting as a look-out while her son and two other men broke in and stole £25,000 worth of jewellery.

The shop's owner, Joerg Weyrath, 38, was stabbed during the attack and is recovering in hospital.

No comments: