Monday, September 10, 2007

Boozed-up groom and best man collapse in church

A hungover groom arrived at his wedding with minutes to spare, and then fainted halfway through the service along with his best man.

Gavin Jackson and Steve Morgan lost count of how many pints they drank during a four-day bender in Prague.

And they were so drunk when they turned up to catch the plane home that airport staff refused to let them board four flights until they had sobered up.

The pair finally arrived home just four hours before Gavin's wedding to Michelle Robins, 26, in Horsham, West Sussex.

When the vicar asked Steve for the rings, he fainted - followed quickly by the groom. "One minute I was fine and the next I was looking up at the church rafters," said Gavin, 29, a surveyor from Crawley. "I felt dizzy and hot and then I fell. The Prague stag do was well over the top. Michelle wasn't happy but at least I got through the service."

Steve added: "I know the episode in the church angered and upset Michelle. She didn't speak to me at all during the reception and refused a kiss goodbye when they left for the airport for their honeymoon. Her parents Christine and John also ignored me. I don't recall them speaking to Gavin at the reception either. It wasn't the wedding ceremony they had wished for."

No comments: