Monday, October 01, 2007

Indian girl stripped for forgetting homework

Delhi chief minister Sheila Dikshit has ordered an inquiry into the stripping of a seven-year-old girl by her schoolteacher for not doing her homework.

The student of a private co-ed school had gone to school on Friday morning without completing her homework, but the lady teacher wasn't forgiving enough. She forced the girl to strip in the classroom.

''I was punished as I forgot to complete my homework,'' said the victim.



The child's family alleges the girl was reluctant to go to school after she was made to strip.

''My daughter was crying. I asked her not to cry and she told me that her teacher forced her to strip, stand on the bench, clean the floor and do the rounds of the school premises,'' said the victim's mother.

The girl's parents immediately lodged a police complaint after which the 19-year-old teacher was arrested and is now out on bail. The police have registered a case of molestation.

No comments: