Saturday, October 27, 2007

Stoke-on-Trent gets its own musical anthem

A musical anthem has been created for Stoke-on-Trent to play at events and to help promote the city.

The anthem, called Moving Forwards Together, is part of the city council's aim to re-brand Stoke as a place of regeneration.

It will be used in radio adverts, as hold music at the council's call centre and at elected mayor's meetings.

I heard the Mayor, Mark Meredith, interviewed on the radio early this morning and apparently 40,000 people have downloaded it since yesterday.

Mr Meredith said: "I personally love this anthem. I think it's inspiring, it's uplifting and to me it brings a lump of emotion to my throat."

You can find out if it brings a lump to your throat by downloading it from the Stoke-on-Trent website.

Thanks John!

No comments: