Saturday, December 01, 2007

Woman says 'never again' after painful buttock implants

The reality show "Extreme Makeover" has given ordinary people Cinderella-like experiences and influenced many to have elective plastic surgery. But some procedures are more risky than others, as a Newport woman recently learned.

Whenever April Stokely bends over, her buttocks hurt although they shouldn't.

Six months ago, she paid $5,500 to have a more curvy figure. However, her butt enlargement has drooped and she says the sizing is wrong.



"I was looking for ... I just want it bigger. I just wanted it bigger," April says.

In her case, however, bigger is not better. April has been in pain for months. "I sit down for a while working or at home, it starts to hurt. I'll be driving in the car, it hurts."

After surgery, April expected to buy new clothes. Now, she's embarrassed wearing her jeans because the implants don't look right and "It sort of feels like they're laying on a nerve."

No comments: