Monday, March 10, 2008

Woman finds diamond in digestive biscuit

As surprises go, it was a particularly sparkling one for Kim Stead as she bit into a biscuit - and a diamond fell out.

Mrs Stead, 49, found the gemstone after sinking her teeth into a McVitie's digestive biscuit.



She started to chew but felt a hard lump - and then a tiny diamond fell from her mouth. Mrs Stead has not had the stone valued, but believes it could have come loose from the setting of an earring, or engagement ring - or even from a body piercing.

The mother-of-one, of Newton Abbot, Devon, joked: "I've eaten a chocolate chip cookie before, but I've never heard of a diamond chip biscuit.



Mrs Stead added: "It's my birthday on Monday so it was a nice little present. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to retire on it. It probably fell out of someone's ear or belly button at the production line. I've told McVitie's, who sent me a little plastic cup to put it in and return it.

"They've tried to tell me it could be 'crystallised sugar' but it's definitely a diamond. They apologised and then asked if any of my teeth had been damaged."

No comments: