Thursday, July 03, 2008

The Indian girl who has a monkey for a brother

Two-year-old Diksha Mehta really does have a cheeky monkey for a brother.

The Indian girl has become virtually inseparable from an Indian Langur named Ramu which her parents adopted when an attack by stray dogs left him orphaned.
Parents Anil and Rashmi Mehta now see Ramu as the perfect addition to their family.



"Ramu has made all the difference to our family, I feel as if he is part of my life like Diksha," says Mrs Mehta from their home in Bharauch town in the north-western Gujarat state.

"They love to play together and I am as protective of him as I am of Diksha. I cannot let anybody take him unless he wants to go."

Ramu is fed using Diksha's old feeding bottle and his diet is supplemented by fresh mangoes and oranges.

No comments: