Friday, January 16, 2009

Cash in the Attic presenter files for bankruptcy

Lorne Spicer, the presenter of money saving programme Cash in the Attic, has filed for bankruptcy.

The 43-year-old registered her petition for bankruptcy at Southend County Court under her married name Donovan.

The journalist turned television presenter has fronted a number of programmes on how to save money, including Beat the Bailiff and Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is.



Spicer, from Leigh-on-Sea in Essex, started her career as a reporter for BBC Radio Norfolk, before writing for the Mail on Sunday and presenting programmes on the BBC and ITV.

Last August she told an interviewer: "Everyone tends to store things in the attic and forget about them but there's plenty of money to be had if you know what to look out for. I recently cleared out mine after 14 years and although it was an absolute nightmare, I did find a few items of old bits of furniture which I sent to auction.

"Because of my job, I'm always buying lots of things so whatever I get rid of, I end up replacing with new things. But I know now exactly what I'm dealing with and I'm not wasting money unnecessarily."

No comments: