Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Jealous wife allegedly murdered husband after setting his penis alight

A wife in Australia who allegedly murdered her husband by torching his genitals told neighbours "his penis should belong to me", a court has heard.

Prosecutors today told the Adelaide Magistrates Court that Rajini Narayan should not be released on bail without an extensive psychological assessment.

Lucy Boord, for the Crown, said the 44-year-old had confessed to neighbours that she had set her engineer husband, Satish, alight upon learning he was having an affair. "She told neighbours 'my husband loves another woman, he hugs her'," she said.


Photo from here.

"(She said) 'I'm a jealous wife, his penis should belong to me, I just wanted to burn his penis so it belongs to me and no one else. (She said) 'It's just his penis I wanted to burn, I didn't mean this to happen."

Narayan was originally charged with endangering life and arson offences over the incident at Unley, in Adelaide's inner-north, in December.

Prosecutors had alleged Satish was asleep when his wife doused his genitals with methylated spirit and then set him on fire. A blaze was sparked when he jumped out of bed and knocked over the bottle of spirit, causing $1 million damage to their Cleland Ave townhouse and an adjacent property.

No comments: