Sunday, April 26, 2009

Man auctioning off Hand of God on eBay

It has been said that the Inland Northwest is God's country and now a North Idaho man says he has God's handprint to prove it. And luckily for the rest of us it's for sale.

Paul Grayhek found the hand the second Sunday in Lent after a massive rock fall in the shape of a hand came down in his backyard. "We get one rock or two rock every now and then come down but we've never had a massive rock fall, avalanche like this," he said.



Raised a Catholic Paul lost the faith then rediscovered it seven years ago. Now he's pursuing God's calling and getting a master's degree in social work. But starting over has gotten expensive. Just when he was ready to give up came divine intervention.

"You know I thought I'm supposed to share this because it's not about me, and so I figured hey, I'll put it on eBay," Grayhek said. It was a strong belief that God moved the rocks in Paul's backyard that turned into a business opportunity.



"It cost me $10 plus to list it on eBay, if I got $100 bucks for it great but what I really want is $100,000," Paul said.

His auction on eBay is for "The Hand of God Rock Wall" which has a minimum bid of $100. It includes exclusive rights meaning you can take pictures, include the hand in a book or movie, even move it if you can figure out how. "You know, you chisel it out," he said.

With news video. eBay entry.

No comments: