Monday, June 15, 2009

Surgeon needlessly cut off man's testicle

A furious bachelor has revealed how his life has been wrecked after a bungling surgeon needlessly cut off one of his testicles.

Paul Miller, 40, lost part of his manhood after being wrongly diagnosed with cancer.

"After the operation I was told there was good news and bad news," stormed Paul who underwent surgery in November after discovering a lump.



"I asked for the bad news first and they told me they shouldn't have removed my testicle. The good news was I never had cancer at all - it was a water infection tablets could have cleared up. I went through a lot of distress for nothing."

Paul discovered the surgeon would have known the lump was benign if he'd taken a biopsy first. But he's been told he's unlikely to get a £7,000 payout for his lost healthy testicle even though it's left him suicidal. "This has affected my relationships with women," the songwriter said. "When I go to bed with a girl, the first thing I wonder is whether she'll notice.

"And if I'm out with friends, whenever the word 'b*******' is used the first thing I think is, 'I only have one ball', I've been depressed and had serious thoughts of suicide."

No comments: