Saturday, July 18, 2009

Crying baby found in rubbish bin

A crying baby heard at the bottom of a rubbish bin that sparked an emergency alert involving police officers, ambulance men and fire fighters in Wuppertal, western Germany, turned out to be a battery-powered child's doll that cried out every time it was squeezed.

A passerby heard the crying after putting a sack of rubbish in the bin and raised the alarm.



Peter Lowe said: "At first it was crying at the bottom of the rubbish container but then when I tried to move some of the rubbish I heard it giggling. I didn't know if I was hurting the baby so I called police."

Police officers have now issued a photograph of the doll to try and find the real owner so it can be returned. A spokesman said: "There will not be any charges - we just want to return the property to the child that lost what is obviously a very expensive toy."

No comments: