Friday, January 29, 2010

Virgin Mary found in church font

An image of the Virgin Mary was discovered by Father Ernest Bulinda, the Rector at the Basilica of Saint Mary of the Immaculate Conception in Norfolk. At first glance it looks just like any water stain, but looking closely, many see a silhouette of the Virgin Mary.

Father Bulinda says he was walking past the baptismal font when something caught his eye. Unsure of what it was, he turned around and that's when he spotted the image. Uncertain of what he saw, Father asked one of his parishoners:

"I told him what do you think about that? He came and looked, he said that's interesting and I said what do you think about that? It looks like the picture of the Virgin Mary," Father Bulinda said.



Not wanting to bring attention to it, Father Bulinda tried to keep the sighting quiet. "I thought, well she's been appearing everywhere, she's on toast and so on and so forth so I thought we'll just keep quiet and let it be."

But the word spread and people have been stopping by the basilica ever since, trying to make their own decision about what they see and where it came from: "When I see that, I feel like, whoa I feel chills in my body. Because I think this is a miracle. You can tell nobody made it, it just happened like that."

Others like Labarbara Cuffee say it's more about how this image has restored people's faith. "But I just look at it as if it's a miracle, it's God. If it's not then it's something nice for people to look at and believe that it is," Cuffee said.

No comments: