Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Drunk man found sleeping in engine of Indian Airlines Airbus

An allegedly drunk man was found in a commercial jet engine as it was being prepared for take-off.

The man was only spotted when an engineering and security team member saw a leg dangling from the rear of the engine.

Rubbing his eye in disbelief and after checking again to make sure it wasn't a delusion, he informed others, who then rushed to the engine.



Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi, India, confirmed it was the first of its kind incident.

The plane, an Indian Airlines Airbus A-320, was being prepared for its first flight of the day two hours before scheduled departure to Raipur.

The young man was quizzed by the airline security and said he entered the airport in a truck. He walked into the operational area and being sleepy, chose the engine as his bed for the night.

4 comments:

arbroath said...

wow close call.....

arbroath said...

LOL, during my preflight checks, I look inside the engine cowling for birds (engines are nice cosy places to sleep/nest) - it must come as a bit of a shock to find a person in there!

On a side note, does anyone else see an optical illusion in that static image of the engine blades?  If I look straight at the pic, I can see that it's definitely not moving, but as I move my eyes to read the text above and below it, I would swear blind that it's rotating!  Weird.

arbroath said...

Yes ... I saw the illusion .... pretty cool

arbroath said...

That's why the photo is captioned jet engine optical illusion. ;)