Thursday, August 26, 2010

Long nails stop man fighting

A man in China has been growing the nails on his left hand for 13 years - to help him control his temper. Wen Jian, 41, of Changle, Fujian province, says he was always getting into fights before he grew his nails. His longest nail is 35cm (14ins) long and prevents him from making his hand into a fist.

Wen said: "When I was young, I was very bad-tempered. I was very aggressive and always getting into trouble. I decided to grow my nails to help me control my temper because it makes me think before throwing a punch."



He is now better known for his nails than for fighting and has even opened a children's clothes shop, called Long Nail. "Customers are often surprised when they see my long nails but it has helped my shop stand out," added Wen.

"A lot of people come just to see my nails - but then they sometimes end up buying something too." But his long nails have also brought Wen some inconveniences - he has to keep his left hand in a shoe box each night to prevent him from breaking off the nails in his sleep.

No comments: