Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Traffic sign hacked to read Eat My Shorts

It's the kind of thing that would make Bart Simpson proud. The Seattle Department of Transportation,however, is not laughing after one of their construction signs in West Seattle was hacked to read "Eat My Shorts".

Drivers headed down Southwest Dawson Street couldn't help but check out the sign on Sunday. SDOT says this is the first time in the last three years one of their signs has been hacked.



"For us in Seattle, it's very rare," says spokesman Rick Sheridan, "all the devices are locked with either a key lock or pad lock so they're physically secured." A crew fixed the sign late on Sunday afternoon, but for a while at least, residents who live nearby loved it.

"I just thought it was absurd," says Geoffrey Garza. "What was funny about it is, at first I was like, of course that's what it should say, than i was like wait, that traffic sign just told me to 'eat my shorts' and I just loved it, its very comical."

With news video.

No comments: