Saturday, December 18, 2010

Man says he was thrown out of court because of his hair

A Mississippi man claims his unique and festive hairstyle got him kicked out of a courtroom. "I don't like looking like nobody else," Bobby Todd said

Todd's head-turning style features braids, spiked pony tails and even a holiday greeting shaved in back. But he said his look caused a stir at Southaven Traffic Court last week. "The bailiff said you can't come in here with your hair like that," Todd said. "I was like 'What are you saying?' He said 'I told you that last time. My captain didn't like how your hair was.' I said 'How is a black man supposed to wear his hair?' He asked me to leave."



Todd said he never got to the courtroom and was kicked out for his festive locks. "It shouldn't be a problem at all," he said. "I'm going in there to conduct business. You got people murdering, killing, doing all kinds of stuff and you want to pinpoint my hair. I just think it's wrong."

Court officials would not discuss the incident. A dress code is posted outside the courtroom, but it says nothing about hair. Todd said he usually adds ornaments and lights to his hair, but didn't on Friday because he was going to court.

No comments: