Friday, December 31, 2010

Man sees angel in piece of wood

An Oklahoma man says he found something special over Christmas while he was cutting some wood. Mark Bishop has been trimming trees for about 25 years now. Over the years he's come across a lot of images in the branches. Mark says "over the years I guess it's kept me from losing interest." He used to just admire them and then throw them out but now he's started keeping them.

He's found ducks, and even the moon, he wears a few of his favourites around his neck. Mark says "what I do is after I make a cut I pick up a piece to look at the end there's not always a picture but to me that makes it more miraculous." But it was on Christmas Day that Mark found an image he'll never forget. He says "I see the body coming down and the arms perhaps coming out and the face with this being the glow or the aura around it."



He was stacking wood when this piece caught his eye. Mark says "when I picked it up I was about to throw it away and I thought, it looks like an angel." Turns out this angel was exactly what Mark needed that day. He says "this was the first Christmas I didn't get to spend with my daughter and I was pretty depressed."

He says it's brought him peace amidst the chaos of life. Tto me to have any picture in it at all speaks to the beauty of God that we never see and it was hidden in a tree on top of all that. He's shown the angel to several people. One lady thought it looked like the second coming of Christ. Mark says he doesn't find an image in every tree in fact he says it's rarely the case. For him that's part of what makes it so special.

With news video.

1 comment:

L said...

If it's an angel, it seems to have a problem with hair static.