Monday, January 24, 2011

Streaking gentleman who hit unexpected obstacle reveals himself - Update

A British builder whose disastrous attempt at streaking was posted on the intertubes has spoken of his embarrassment. Tom Annandale, 28, a site manager for a building firm in Manchester, stripped while on holiday in Spain and planned to run around a tennis court. But Mr Annandale, who is single and from Wilmslow in Cheshire, had not realised that the court was enclosed by a glass partition.



‘When I did the streak, it was our first day on holiday. We’d been down the beach surfing and we were having a few beers by the pool,’ Mr Annandale said. ‘Everyone was tired but I thought, if I do a streak round the tennis court, it will make the lads laugh and get everyone up for a night out. ‘I knew that it was on video but I have a proper professional job and didn’t really want it out there.’

Mr Annandale explained how the streak went wrong. He said: ‘I didn’t realise they were playing in an enclosed court. I am 6ft tall and weigh 16 stone and set off full pelt for my streak. It was fine until I hit the glass wall. I split my forehead, bruised my shoulder, knocked my knee and was in agony, but the worst part was the embarrassment. I had these stunned tennis players looking at me, all the lads laughing, so I just got up and ran off.


LiveLeak link.

‘It’s very embarrassing as professionally I am a project manager for a construction company and have about 65 men on site in Manchester. Obviously, if I’d realised there was a glass door on that tennis court, I’d have opened it first.’ Mr Annandale graduated with a business studies degree from Worcester University in 2003 and spent a year as a rugby player in the US for the Huntington Beach team in California.

Previously.

No comments: