Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Australian man finds cockroach entombed in cough lozenge

It looks like an insect that has been fossilised in amber - however it really is just a cockroach trapped inside a Butter Menthol. Glenn Franks went to his usual convenience store in Circular Quay to buy his favourite lozenge when he made the discovery.

The 37-year-old said he bought a packet of Butter Menthol and was unwrapping a sweet as he left the store when he spotted the bug. "I was about to put it into my mouth when I saw it," he said. "I went straight back into the store and showed the guy I bought it off just to make sure."



The Macquarie Fields man said it was just luck that it was him and not a child that went to eat the sweet. "I could have bought this for my daughter, taken it home and eaten it," he said.

Mr Franks phoned Nestle immediately and they offered to send him a "modest" cheque and asked him not to speak to the media, he said. A Nestle spokeswoman said it was concerned about the discovery and was trying to contact Mr Franks so it could get the offending lozenge tested.

No comments: