Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Theatre school anger as swinger's club moves in

A Lancashire theatre company boss has claimed she felt forced out of her home after a swingers’ club moved in. Christine Appleby, artistic director and founder of the 25-year-old Say Two Production Company, was horrified to learn an adult club would be using the building she leases. The 52-year-old has now contacted her landlord, asking to leave Primrose Mill in Friday Street, Chorley, as soon as possible.

She said: “We do not want to continue trading under the same roof. It’s not morally or ethically right.” Say Two, which caters for youngsters aged seven to 19, moved into the mill nine months ago, with Christine believing the building was to be used by other arts groups.



However, the No.3 Club has now moved in. According to its website, the No.3 Club was hosting a “pre-opening party” on Friday, with the official opening next weekend. Owner Mary, who would not give her surname or confirm when the venue would be open, said: “I’m not a brothel. They won’t even see us. Our entrances are totally, totally different.

“I’ve got my music licence. I’m not doing anything illegal. I’ll have to let people make their own opinions up of what they think it’s going to be. I don’t want the lady to leave. I wouldn’t like anybody to be affected. There’s hundreds of these places out there.”

No comments: