Sunday, September 11, 2011

Woman finds live frog in bag of salad

Sara Eason was looking forward to a healthy lunch – until it croaked. She was surprised to find a live frog in her bag of Tesco Mixed Seasonal Baby Leaf Salad.

Mrs Eason, 37, said she had been putting the contents of the bag on to her plate when her fingers touched something slippery.



I thought some of the leaves had gone slimy, so I had a look inside,’ she said. ‘I saw a little frog looking out at me, which then croaked. I jumped about a foot in the air.’

Her husband Francis, 36, had bought the salad from a Tesco Metro petrol station in Wimbledon, South-West London, four days before and the bag had remained unopened in their fridge since then. A Tesco spokesman said: ‘We can only apologise. We take the quality of our produce very seriously, and we will investigate this with our supplier.’

No comments: