Friday, November 25, 2011

Boy applies for job then shoplifts on way out

It's not the way to impress a potential boss. A teenager walked into a Airsoft and Hobby World in Santa Clarita, California about a week ago, submitted a resume and walked out the door with stolen merchandise. The boy, whose name has withheld because of his age, handed over a resume with his full name, his phone number and his address.

He submitted the document and started to head out but stopped at a display of airsoft guns. The store's surveillance cameras clearly show the boy lift one of the guns, valued at $129, off of the display and walk out the door with it. Surveillance footage shows the boy walked in, and later walked out, alone.


YouTube link.

After learning that the store's cameras captured him taking the gun, he said, "Um yes, I did take a gun but I did return...I might've...my friend was in there with me and he might have slipped it in or something but yes, I did take a gun," he said.

When asked if he thought it was smart to give the shop's employees all of his contact information right before stealing something from them, the boy admitted it might not have been the most well-thought out plan. "Honestly, I wasn't planning on stealing anything," he said. "I was actually trying to get a job. And... what can I say? I'm a teenager, that's stupid. What time do you think the cops will be here so I can put on some shoes?"

No comments: