Thursday, December 29, 2011

Woman called 911 because she ate too much food

A 45-year-old woman who said she called 911 because she "ate too much food" was arrested following an encounter at a Traveler's Inn in Fort Pierce, Florida according to a recently released affidavit. St. Lucie County Sheriff's deputy on Dec. 18 went to the motel in the 3400 block of South U.S. 1 and saw a woman "jumping up and down and yelling in room #108."

A man walked out and said the woman was his girlfriend, Mary Ellen Lisee. He said Lisee wouldn't stop talking and that he was leaving so he could sleep in peace. When Lisee, who appeared intoxicated and smelled of booze, came out of the room, she started yelling, "Are you surprised? Are you surprised?" Lisee said she called 911 but said there wasn't a reason for a deputy to be there.




Asked how authorities could help, Lisee started laughing, saying she called because she "ate too much." Queried again why she dialed 911, Lisee said, "Because I ate too much food." "She then began repeatedly yelling that she had not consumed cocaine in over a year," the affidavit states. An inventory of the food Lisee apparently ate wasn't listed, nor was the volume of her stomach known.

She wrote a "mostly illegible" statement, which a deputy asked her to read. "My name is Mary Ellen Lisee. I have beaten, I believe in God, and He forgives me. I may joke, but I do not do crack. I will not for as long as I live," she is quoted as saying. The deputy yet again asked why she phoned 911, and she said "because she ate too much tonight." Lisee, whose listed address is room 108 at the Traveler's Inn, was arrested on charges related to misuse of 911 and disorderly conduct.

With news video.

No comments: