Monday, January 09, 2012

Couple marry for the second time after husband has a sex swap

Like a lot of couples, Barry and Anne Watson wanted to renew their ­marriage vows. But when they went ahead nine years after their ­wedding, there was a big difference ... this time Barry was a ­woman called Jayne.

And Anne was only too happy to go ahead with the ceremony to show how much she loved her new wife. “At first Anne was furious when I told her I wanted a sex change,” says Barry, 43, a former bus driver who changed his name to Jayne by deed poll.



“Our marriage had been going through problems and she thought I’d been cheating on her with another woman. But I just wanted to be one. Anne came to ­accept me for who I wanted to be and love me as Jayne. ­Renewing our vows seemed the perfect way to tell the world how ­happy we are with our new lives.”

Anne, 53, adds: “I grieved for the loss of Barry, but there were sides to Jayne I enjoyed getting to know. Now we sit and giggle and talk about hair, clothes and make-up. To me our second wedding was more special than our first as I knew Jayne was finally ­comfortable with who she was.”

Full story here.

7 comments:

shak said...

He looks better as a she. Plus, (s)he looks a lot happier. To each their own.

GMT-8 said...

Couple marry for the second time after husband becomes a woman and the wife becomes a .. Oh My God !

Unknown said...

The one that used to be a man is prettier than the one that's always been a woman. Eep.

kshap said...

Anne doesn't look terribly thrilled either way.

COSMO said...

wow..what blitherypoop said lol

Gareth said...

@Blitherpoop actually when I glanced at the first picture I thought it was the one on the right who'd had a sex change.

Anonymous said...

agree with all others....s/he's a lovely woman, now, where the other one hadn't ever been.