Friday, May 25, 2012

Kitten with head trapped in wheel saved by KY Jelly

This 10-week-old kitten got her head stuck in a car wheel, before quick-thinking RSPCA staff freed her - with a large dose of lubricant, KY Jelly. She is now recovering at the charity’s Birmingham Animal Hospital and has been christened, ‘Alloy’.



Alloy and her siblings were born to a feral cat in a garden shed in Medlicott Road, Birmingham. Her cries for help alerted the home owner on May 15, who opened the shed to discover ‘Alloy’ wedged in the tyre.



RSPCA inspector Herchran Boal said: “I tried to free Alloy at the scene using margarine, but it was impossible. I knew I was going to need help.



“I took her to our animal hospital where after about an hour we finally managed to get her free using KY Jelly. At one point, I thought I was going to have to take the tyre to the fire service so Alloy could be cut free. It was such a relief when she was successfully freed.”

No comments: