Monday, May 14, 2012

Parents in shock after children given X-rated sweets at school function

They're the X-rated sweets that have turned some parents in Australia decidedly sour. Shocked families have told of their disgust after children were handed explicit novelty chocolates at a school Mother's Day function. Packets of chocolates shaped like penises, breasts and buttocks - as well as others depicting couples having sex - were passed out in see-through bags at a P&C function held at Woodberry Public School in the Hunter Valley last Friday.



Cassandra Lacey, who has two sons at the school, said she was horrified to be handed a bag of the treats as she walked through the door. "As soon as I opened mine, my son said, 'Ah, Mum' and I had to do a double-take," Ms Lacey said. "Every single chocolate was to do with sex. This was in the school hall, on the school grounds and in school time."

Another woman who attended Friday's function said she watched on, "absolutely disgusted", as children were given the chocolates. "My nine-year-old grandson gave this zip-lock bag to me, put it in my lap and said to me, 'You've got a willy in there Nanny'," she said. "Then I had a three-year-old sit down next to me and she said, 'Hey, what's this?' She had this brown chocolate shaped like a penis and was about to eat the top off it. I told her she had better go and talk to her mother."



It is believed the chocolates were left over from last year's P&C Mother's Day fundraiser, held as an adults-only girls' night at a local venue. P&C spokeswoman and school council president Jenny Gray said she was not at Friday's function but intended to meet principal Josie Bailey to discuss the issue. "All I can tell you is that it has come to my attention and yes, I have spoken to the principal and we'll be having a meeting on Monday," Ms Gray said. She insisted the issue would not be "swept under the carpet".

No comments: