Saturday, August 04, 2012

Aggressive fox attack caught on video

A Connecticut man got quite a surprise when he and his two friends walking home in Hartford encountered a fox that charged at them. "Right over here we saw a fox and as soon as he saw us, he came running at us,” said Chris Bigliardieri.



"Right when he snarled and showed his teeth, I knew we were in for something,” David Rametta, Bigliardieri’s friend. Initially, Bigliardieri wasn’t scared - until the animal became aggressive. "He actually grabbed my pants a couple times and when I tried getting away from him, he just kept coming at me,” said Bigliardieri.

Realizing he could be bitten, he kicked the animal. But the fox wasn’t done, so Rametta thought fast. "He was irate and went right for my fiancĂ© and luckily I had the bottle on me and I threw it at him," said Rametta. Luckily, that scared the fox off.


YouTube link.

Animal control and DEEP were called in. "They said they never heard of a fox in this area of Hartford, ever," said Bigliardieri. He and Rametta are telling their story because the fox is still roaming around somewhere and they don't want anyone else to get hurt. "Just stay away. That's the only thing I could say is stay away."

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Sounds like that fox is rabid.

Anonymous said...

we had a similar fox near by. It did this a few times, including nipping my ankles (not actually biting). It got picked up by the RSPCA and was found to have signs that it had been kept by someone and very badly treated.