Sunday, August 05, 2012

Banana in bathroom turned out to be boa constrictor

A mother two young girls has told of her horror after mistaking a boa constrictor for a banana. Stacey Way, 28, from Parkstone, Dorset, said she first encountered the snake while cleaning the bathroom floor. “I was wiping the bathroom floor when I noticed what I thought was a mouldy banana my toddler had shoved down the side of the water pipe”, Stacey said.

“I know it sounds ridiculous, but I thought ‘I’ll get that in a minute with my gloves on’ and then just forget all about it. Three days later I was bathing my two little ones and wiped around the floor again when I saw that this thing was sticking out more than before, but as I got closer it went back in. I was so shocked. I couldn’t believe it.



“I looked closer and realised that the banana – or now snake – had a mouth.” Stacey took her two daughters aged two and four out of the bath and rang her friend, who came round with a box. She added: “We went round to the reptile centre near us – Safe Haven – but then had to call the RSPCA who told us we would have to get a builder to remove the floorboards to get it. It’s a rented property so we couldn’t do that.

“In the end the officer said to put a box with some water in it – as snakes like water for some reason – and leave it there. When I looked in the bathroom a few hours later he was sticking right out the hole so I called the shop and they came and got him. It was about three-to-four feet long – I couldn’t believe it. Now I think I’m seeing snakes everywhere even though we’ve filled up all the holes. I don’t mind snakes from a distance, but not in my bathroom.”

No comments: