Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Owl rescued after getting stuck in grille of SUV

An owl had a close call after getting hit by an SUV on the Florida Turnpike. Sonji Coney Williams was headed south on the turnpike on Thursday when she spotted the owl and couldn't avoid it.



"I was driving about 60 miles an hour, he never moved, and so, I said 'Oh, my God, I hit a bird,' and I felt so bad but it was very dark and we didn't pull over," said Williams. Williams assumed the owl became roadkill, but he survived and slipped through the SUV's grille.



The owl was discovered the following day while she was running errands. "There was a family that pulled in front of my parking space and flagged me down and said don't move, don't move, you have something in the grille of your truck.


YouTube link.

"I said, 'Yes, what is it?' And they said, 'It's an owl.' And I said, 'An owl?'" said Williams. She called Florida Fish and Wildlife and an officer opened the hood and freed the bird. Officers say the owl appeared to be in good shape and didn't suffer any injuries.

3 comments:

WilliamRocket said...

Suv ? What sports do they play with their truck ?
Suv ? What utility do they carry out ?
Suv ? ok, I will let them have that its a vehicle.

Suv is a stupid acroynom, it stands for sports utility vehicle. So why are cars not called PTV's (passenger transport vehicles) or bikes called TWDM's 9two wheeled death machines)

Suv is as bad as MPV

Ratz said...

I don't know if it's the same video as the one above (which has now apparently been removed by the user) however there's a beeb video here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-21439857

arbroath said...

Just noticed your comment, Ratz.

I must've noticed at about the same time and changed the video.