Thursday, June 20, 2013

Great-grandfather banned from pub after twice complaining his peas were served cold

Great-grandfather Quinto Greppellini has been barred from a pub after complaining his peas were cold. The 86-year-old clashed with managers at The Bradley Green, in Biddulph, Staffordshire, about the temperature of the veg on his £5.99 fish and chip dinner. The angry pensioner was at first given a warning by bosses, but was eventually ejected from the building after managers claimed he became abusive. Now pub giant Wetherspoon has banned him from eating at the High Street pub for good.

The move has left Mr Greppellini furious, and he has lodged an official complaint. Mr Greppellini  said: "When I used to go out driving, I always chose to eat at a Wetherspoon pub wherever I was because I enjoy the food and the drinks are really cheap. I had been going into the one in Biddulph for years and years but after this, I am never going in again. The manager said I can still have a drink in there, but I refuse to step foot in that place again." Mr Greppellini admits to making three complaints about three separate meals over the last two weeks.



During the first incident he says waiters brought him the wrong meal and, on two other occasions, his peas were served cold. The father-of-six, who has 10 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren, said: "When the peas came cold I was having a bit of a laugh about it with my friends. It was a bit of a running joke, but then I was thrown out in front of loads of people. It was quite embarrassing." Mr Greppellini's wife, Victoria, aged 81, said: "I wasn't with him when it happened but I have been in before and I have had the same problem. The peas were cold. I don't think it was right that he was barred."

Wetherspoon spokesman Eddie Gershon said: "The gentleman in question has been barred by the manager at the pub and Wetherspoon completely backs the decision of the manager. The man had made a number of complaints about the food and had caused disruption in the pub. The manager explained that he would be welcome to enjoy a drink in the pub, but not to order food. At this point the man became more disruptive and the manager took the action to bar him from the pub, which he is fully entitled to do."

2 comments:

Ratz said...

When he used to go out driving.. well, it's a damned good thing you can't have a drink in there anymore.

Gareth said...

If he doesn't like the food why is he complaining that he's been banned?