Friday, September 06, 2013

Woman credits growling guard cat with preventing break-in

Someone was trying to break in to Rose Taylor’s home in Silverton, Oregon early on Sunday morning. “I could see his shadow and hear movement here,” she said. But the man never made it inside Taylor’s house, thanks to her cat named Addy.

“I told her she had an attitude, so I named her Addy Tudy,” Taylor said. Addy showed that attitude at just the right time. While Taylor slept, Addy heard a noise and woke up her owner. “Probably what she heard, trying to move the screen. It kind of wobbles,” said Taylor.



“She’s growling. And then I hear her stand up. She was telling me something. She just flew out of bed.” Taylor jumped out of bed, too. She started yelling, turned on a light and called 911. Taylor said the commotion scared the man away. “I saw him and he’s already across the street,” she said.

“My whole heart’s thumping. It was really, it was really scary. I was shakin’ like a leaf.” One of Taylor’s neighbours was not so lucky. Apparently that neighbor had four recent break-ins. Taylor said police found some fingerprints at her house. She’s getting a new lock for her door and probably some new perks for her favourite cat. “I can’t afford salmon now, but she has some good tuna.”

With news video.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Addy Tudy? I think I'm going to get sick. Groan...

Anonymous said...

I had a 5 pound kitty years ago who did the same thing - she jumped onto the window sill where the jerk was trying to pry off the screen and let out an ear splitting howl like I had never heard from her before. I bet he wet his pants. Interesting side note: I did call the police although the fellow was long gone by the time I reached the phone, and the officer who came to my house was an old college friend I had not seen in 11 years. I had just moved back to town and had no idea he was still in town. I had great protection after that, he had a cruiser come by my house 2-3 times a night until I moved away4 years later.

WilliamRocket said...

I am guessing Anonymous is a woman.