Saturday, November 15, 2014

Woman unhappy after no charges when pressed when human poo was dumped on her car

A woman who came out of a pub to find human excrement and rubbish on her car is furious that Avon and Somerset police have decided not to pursue charges against the woman believed to be responsible. Lisa Lawrenson had been in The Trooper pub in Bryant's Hill, Bristol, for about an hour, with her friend, when they returned to the car. The 48-year-old had parked her Volvo Convertible, which she had bought for £7,000 three months earlier, outside some flats. "I couldn't believe it when I saw the state of my car," she said.

"It had a mattress on it, and loads of other stuff. But the worst of all was the excrement. I couldn't believe it. Thank God I didn't have the roof down. As we walked over to the car, we could see a woman in one of the flats nearby throwing things out of her window, into the front garden. We thought it must have been her, so we called the police and they came out. They spoke to the woman and they must have known it was her because they started taking her stuff back inside. They told me to get my car valeted and said they would ask the woman to pay for it.



"There were a few small scratches on the car that hadn't been there before. I got it valeted, which cost me £25, but when I asked the police about the getting the money back they said the woman wasn't 'liaising' with them so there was nothing they could do. I told them I wanted to press charges, but they told me they weren't going to try for a prosecution. I complained and when the police called me back about that, they said it was too late to press charges." Mrs Lawrenson, of Warmley, was surprised by the police's unusual initial approach, but said she trusted them. Now she feels angry.

"It's not about the money, it's about the principle," she added. "It's the fact that someone can put excrement on your car and get away with it. It's unbelievable really. I think the police have handled the whole thing very badly. I feel like I've been bashing my head against a brick wall." Avon and Somerset police spokesman Scott McPherson said: "The suspect in this case was given words of advice but, due to concerns around their vulnerability and the small monetary value involved, it was decided it was not in the public interest to pursue a conviction. The victim has been kept updated wherever appropriate."

3 comments:

Gareth said...

As usual the "needs" (read wants) of the criminal are put before the needs of the victim.

Basically a woman is left out of pocket and severely inconvenienced because the police didn't want to upset the perpetrator. The victim should complain to the IPCC.

And of course their "consideration" for the victim will backfire in the long run. Prosecution would teach her a lesson and act as a deterrent to future offences. On the other hand "words of advice" will let her think she can get away with it so she'll do it again. Next time she might pick on somebody who will take the law into their own hands rather than contacting an ineffectual police force.

ktshabatie said...

Wow. If I were her, I would take this story to every news agency, every public office above those idjut policemen, just to prove the point of how little they actually care for those who are wronged. They are more worried about protecting themselves and boundaries with a real criminal. Ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

Jeeh wizz her mouth looks just like my pre-wiped arsehole.