Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Magician upset at the disappearance of his doves

Magician Dane Certificate, from the Brunswick suburb of Melbourne, Australia, has been left heartbroken after his beloved doves were snatched in a brazen theft. The two doves, which Certificate used in his performances, were stolen from the front of the magician’s store, Dane Certificate’s Magic Tricks, Gags and Theatre, on March 3.

“The doves brought excitement to both the children and the adults at my shows,” he said. “They didn’t do any tricks, but I would bring them out and they would sit in people’s hands and they (the audience) absolutely loved them.” Certificate said he had put the cage containing the doves out the front of his store, as he did every day, to give his doves some fresh air.



When he returned, the cage had been taken. Certificate said he was concerned whoever took the doves might treat them poorly. “I am a supporter of Animal Liberation, so I didn’t really consider them my pets and I did not force them to perform tricks, but I looked after them,” he said.

“My only concern is about their welfare. I’ve had one of the doves for four years - they know me and I make a special food mix for them. I am worried they are not going to be looked after.” Certificate said he had CCTV footage of activity at his store during the day, which he had handed to police for investigation.

No comments: