Friday, May 01, 2015

Woman surprised to find wild turkey in her bathroom

Nancy Page from Warwick, Rhode Island, first thought a pipe had burst when she returned home late last week and saw water pouring from the garage ceiling. When she went upstairs and checked the bathroom, she discovered the real culprit.



“I saw the red head and neck, and I knew that was a turkey,” Page said. The wild turkey had crashed through the bathroom window, and somehow turned on the hot water tap (faucet). It also left behind its own mess. “Turkey poop. Everywhere,” according to Page.

She first called 911, then called her husband. Dan Peres was teaching a class at New England Tech when he got the strange news. “I told them I had to end class early. I said a turkey had crashed its way through our bathroom window,” Peres said.


YouTube link.

“They looked at me like, ‘What? can you repeat that?'” Police and a DEM officer came to the house, caught the turkey, and released it outside. Page and Peres had to throw out the bathroom sink, because it had been running for two or three hours. They also said they were looking at thousands of dollars in water damage.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not understanding why they needed to throw out the sink just because it ran for two or three hours. Anybody else know the reasoning behind that?

arbroath said...

I didn't understand that either.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the sink overflowed and damaged the vanity unit rather than the sink itself.

arbroath said...

Yes, on reflection, I think you're right, Anonymous @ 9:21 a.m.

mE.! said...

Usually Wild Turkey is kept in the kitchen.

Anonymous said...

"Usually Wild Turkey is kept in the kitchen."

I tend to find it in bottom desk drawers. ;)

Actually, most varieties of colored liquor (bourbon, whiskey, scotch, rum, etc.) will quickly send me to hugging the Great White Telephone. So I stick to vodka.

Lurker111