Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Man offered a year's supply of socks after hand dryer caused him to be sprayed with urine

A diner has been offered a year's supply of socks after an embarrassing encounter with a hand dryer in a toilet cubicle. After having just enjoyed a meal at the Handmade Burger Company restaurant in Union Square, Aberdeen, Gordie Wallace decided to pay a visit to the toilet when an automatic hand dryer went off as he was mid-urination.



One minute, he was emptying his bladder, the next he had inadvertently activated the hand drier and ended up with a severe case of splashback. The 31-year-old Glaswegian, who now lives in Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, explained how the dryer put a dampener on his evening. Gordie said: "After enjoying a meal with the misses I took a trip to the little boys room to empty my rather full bladder due to the fantastic refill option you have on your menu.



"Due to the poor design of your bathrooms and unfortunate placing of the automatic hand dryer, half way during my urination the hand dryer decided to go on full pelt thus blowing my pish stream all over the place, nearly all over my trousers and sadly leaving me with a soggy trainer on my left foot. I'm now going to be forced to throw out my sodden sock, walk about with a pishy foot and now believe I have developed a phobia of hand dryers."



On Monday,the Handmade Burger Company apologised to Gordie and offered him a new pair of trainers and a year's supply of fresh socks by way of compensation. They said: "We’re really sorry to hear about your experience in our Union Square restaurant. This is the first time that this has happened in the five years that we have been open. We’d like to send you a pair of trainers and a supply of socks every month for a year to compensate." Following the burger company's response, Gordie said: "I can't believe it - very generous and good customer service!"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pissin in the wind....
Bettin on loosing friends.
Makin the same mistakes we swore
We'd never make again...

Jerry Jeff Walker

Barbwire said...

That certainly seems to be a very poorly located hand dryer!