Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Motorist fined for travelling at the speed limit

A man in Queensland, Australia, was sent a fine for driving at 100km/h in a 100km/h zone.



Zac Murray, 24, received the $151 fine after he was snapped by a speed camera on the Sunshine Motorway at Mooloolaba on May 14.

The fine stated that he had exceeded the limit by less than 13km/h but below it listed his "Alleged speed" as 100km/h in the 100km/h "Speed zone". "I am deeply saddened by my actions," Mr Murray said.



"Clearly I did not think of the children or consider the consequences of my actions as I drove at an alleged speed of 100km in a 100km zone. I hope you can all forgive me. But most importantly I hope I can forgive myself for the monster I have become." Queensland Police withdrew the fine at around lunchtime on Tuesday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, this guy had a neat sense of humor, eh mate?

Lurker111

Benedict 16th said...

Yep, waiting for my speeding fine for doing 59 in a 60 zone (the flash lights went off)

Shak said...

I love sarcastic people.