Sunday, July 12, 2015

Woman hospitalised after drinking air freshener she mistook for moonshine

A woman from Appling, Georgia, was hospitalised on Monday morning after she reportedly drank air freshener that she had mistaken for moonshine.

According to an incident report from the Columbia County Sheriff’s Office, 57-year-old Neil Berry of Appling came home on Sunday night to find his wife, 59-year-old Sandra Berry, in his home. The couple are reportedly separated. Mrs Berry told Mr Berry that she drank something from a plastic bottle under a cabinet labelled “Apple Cinnamon.”

She believed it to be moonshine. Mr Berry informed her that what she had drank was in fact, car air freshener. Mrs. Berry reportedly sat down because she had become dizzy. While Mr Berry began researching the effects of drinking air freshener, Mrs Berry reportedly collapsed from her chair.

Mr Berry then called the Columbia County Sheriff’s Office and put his wife in his vehicle to meet with deputies at a nearby parking lot. When deputies met them, Mrs. Berry was reportedly slumped over in the back seat of the vehicle and had laboured breathing. Emergency responders transported Mrs Berry to Doctor’s Hospital.

No comments: