Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Family carried toilet outside and smashed it with a hammer to remove python lurking inside

A ball python is luxuriating at a new home after it didn't go gently into the night at its previous digs. Jami Garcia was getting her sons, Andrew and Alex, ready for bed Sunday night at their home in Kansas City. Her oldest son, Andrew, lifted the toilet seat and a snake was staring back at him.



"He's like, 'Ewww, Mommy, go look in the toilet,'" Garcia recalled. Her response was simple. "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh," she said in disbelief. Garcia picked up the phone and sought help from friends. They rushed to help out, but the snake wasn't willing to be coaxed out. He actually slithered back into the pipes.



Finally they decided to lift the toilet up and carry it outside. They smashed the plumbing with a hammer and retrieved the snake. "I'm actually real thankful they came out and got it because I have two kids," Garcia said. "I know nothing about snakes so I didn't know what to do." Greg Smith, the owner of a pet shop in Shawnee, said the snake is undoubtedly a ball python.



"These are native to Africa. They're not native to Kansas but they're great pets," Smith said. "These are one of the best pets." Garcia moved into her residence a week ago. Neighbours said that the people who lived in there previously had owned snakes. "I will check the toilet now. Every time I go to the bathroom," Garcia added.

With news video.

No comments: