Sunday, October 04, 2015

Potty-mouthed bus driver sacked after he and car driver were involved in hour-long stand-off

A bus driver has lost his job after a foul-mouthed outburst at another motorist. Traffic was brought to a standstill at around lunchtime on Thursday on Coronation Avenue in Bath after a bus and car both refused to give way. Motorists were left waiting almost an hour when the number 10 First bus and the Volkswagen Lupo came head to head.



According to witnesses the driver failed to notice the give way sign and became blocked by a black Volkswagen Lupo coming in the opposite direction. At one point the driver of the bus sat reading a copy of a newspaper and ignored the pleas of people to move. In the end police were called to intervene. The driver of a bus, Omar Razvi, 42, has now lost his job with First bus but he claims his verbal outburst was provoked after he was allegedly abused first.



Mr Razvi said he could not reverse the number 10 bus he was driving because it was illegal to do so which is why he called the police to come and help resolve the situation. He said: "I just feel I'm being completely misrepresented." He added: "I am not excusing what I said, maybe I could have handled it a little bit better." The driver of the Volkswagen, 21-year-old Ewan Langley, said: "For a bus driver to get aggressive when there were passengers on the bus and it was my right of way is out of order really.

Contains very NSFW language.

YouTube link. Additional video of the incident.

"The bus driver has seen me coming and slowed up to let me through but because I didn't speed up he carried on coming towards me. And then he stopped me right by the cone that says my right of way, before the road splits back into two. If he had reversed just five yards I could have squeezed through and carried on going. It was my right of way anyway so I stayed there until the police turned up." Police said they are investigating a possible public order offence and would be speaking to both drivers.

3 comments:

Gareth said...

They should both be charged with obstructing the highway and wasting police time. The should also be ordered to pay the cost of the police operation. Maybe that will make them think before they next behave like petulant children.

Barbwire said...

Well said!

Anonymous said...

Yep, well said Gareth.

Doesn't really matter if the bus driver was in the wrong, both of them refusing to move is just petty and stupid.