Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Dog went off her dinner after eating 24 rubber gloves

A dog owner was left with a £1,200 vet's bill after his pet Terrier ate 24 rubber gloves.

Michael Fletcher, 54, from York, took his dog Ruby to the vets after she coughed up eight surgical gloves before going off her food. Having undergone an emergency operation, a huge mass was revealed in Ruby's stomach, which transpired to be a clump of 16 rubber gloves.

Mr Fletcher later discovered that Ruby had eaten half a box of the disposable gloves he keeps in the back of his car for when he visits his allotment. "The back of my car had some rubber gloves in that I use for work", Mr Fletcher said.

"While taking her in the car to go on a walk it turned out she'd eaten half the box. If they didn't operate, she would have died". Mr Fletcher's daughter Sarah, added: "I was shocked at how she'd even managed to swallow one, never mind 24 of them as she's such a tiny dog. " Ruby has since made a full recover.

No comments: