Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Police says lots of poo outside your home is no reason to call 999

West Midlands Police have requested that the public consider the nature of their complaint before dialling 999.



It comes after an elderly woman called the emergency number to complain about a large amount of poo outside her home. She told the operator: "I don't know whether I'm making a big fuss.

"I've been out outside to put rubbish in the containers and there's been a lot of excretia in the garden and I'm wondering whether it's dogs, or if it's humans or what.



"It is really making me feel sick. I don't know whether I'm making a terrible fuss. In this weather it's not healthy." The call handler was quick to remind her that it was a matter for her local council to investigate.

You can listen to the call here. It may need to be unmuted.

No comments: