Thursday, October 13, 2016

Hotel manager rescued little dog after its lead got stuck in elevator

A fast-acting hotel manager saved a guest’s small dog last week from what could have been a gruesome and deadly elevator accident. Ben Duke is general manager at The Roadway Inn in Greenville, South Carolina. He said he was coming out of a storage area at the hotel as one of his guests was getting on the elevator with his leashed dog.

“The doors closed, and I guess he didn’t realise that his dog had wandered off,” Duke said. He noticed the dog being pulled by its leash toward the closed elevator, and sprang into action. “I just grabbed it, and struggled with it, then I guess adrenaline set in or something, and I snapped the leash right above my hand,” Duke said.

By doing so, Duke saved the pet, named Boo Boo, from apparent strangulation, at the very least. “The dog was scared, and fought me pretty hard,” Duke said. “In fact, he scratched me pretty good on my face. I don’t blame him. It was pretty scary.” He said the dog’s owner, who is a regular guest at the hotel, came back upstairs in tears.

YouTube link.

“He was crying and was so grateful" Duke said. "He just came up and hugged me. It was pretty crazy.” Duke said after the incident, he didn’t think much of what happened. “I was just reacting and doing what I was supposed to do in that situation,” he said. “People are calling me a hero, but I can’t imagine the other outcome,” Duke said. “I just did what you are supposed to do in this situation.”

No comments: