Sunday, April 29, 2007

Chuckle Brother Paul hurt in motorbike crash

Chuckle Brothers star Paul Elliott doesn't have much to laugh about after a motorbike smash. The children's TV favourite, from Rotherham, was injured when he fell off his bike during a family holiday on the Greek island of Kefalonia.

The 59-year-old suffered a broken nose plus cuts and bruises to both legs.

To make matters worse, a passing group of British tourists stopped at the scene of the accident.

Chuckle Brother

But instead of helping him out, they starting shouting the Chuckle Brothers' famous catchphrase: "To me, to you."

Elliott explained: "I was feeling like Marlon Brando in the film The Wild One when suddenly I took this blind and steep curve in the road.

"A shepherd steering goats down the steep road had the goats all over the place. I knew if I didn't brake and swerve, I would have gone into them."



"As I braked I lost control. The next thing I knew, I was on the floor with the motorbike on top of me."

A friend of the star said: "A group of British tourists recognised him. As he was struggling to get the bike off him, he heard chants of 'To me, to you' followed by laughter."

No comments: