Monday, June 04, 2007

Tourette’s sufferer has to sleep in van

A gardener has taken to sleeping in his van after neighbours got fed up of listening to the Tourette's sufferer's late-night outbursts.

Nick Bingham, of Cowell Road in Haywards Heath, was even threatened with an Antisocial Behaviour Order (Asbo) after waking up the neighbourhood with shouts of obscenities in the early hours.

The 35-year-old, who recently moved to the road, said: "I have never encountered as much hostility as I'm getting at my new home. It's unbelievable." He says the stress of the complaints has made his condition worse.

Former neighbour Graham Henderson said: "At first it wasn't so bad and neighbours thought it was funny. I was just glad that I was moving anyway. I feel sorry for him but you have to understand it is not pleasant being woken up at 3am by someone shouting obscenities."

Mr Bingham now plans to travel to Spain where doctors have successfully operated on Tourette's patients.

No comments: